Peer Review Process
The peer review process is carried out to ensure the quality and substance of articles to be published. Jurnal Penelitian Kebijakan Pendidikan conducts this process objectively with the following policy:
- Editors conduct an initial evaluation of all newly submitted articles. At this stage, the Editor checks for the focus and scope, plagiarism, and writing format. Articles that do not meet the guidelines may be rejected or returned to be corrected by the author (considering the scope of the manuscript). Articles that have passed the initial evaluation will be sent to two reviewers.
- Jurnal Penelitian Kebijakan Pendidikan applies a double-blind review, in which authors do not know who reviews their articles and reviewers do not know of the author's identity either. This is done to maintain objectivity.
- The assignment of articles to reviewers takes into account each reviewer's area of expertise.
- The assigned reviewers are required to provide feedback and reviews on articles by considering originality, structure and flow of writing, code of ethics for scientific writing, clear results and supporting conclusions, as well as relevant references to previous research.
- The review process by the Reviewers may take two weeks. The Reviewer's duties may be transferred if they do not respond within one to two weeks. Reviewers can provide recommendations in the form of "Article accepted", "Minor revision", "Major revision", or "Article rejected". If there is a revision, the author will get a notification to make a revision, which will be sent along with the reviewer's comments via email. The revised results will be re-examined to ensure that the notes from the Reviewers have been carried out properly.
- The review process by reviewers may take 10 working days. Reviewers’ duties may be transferred if there is no response within one to two weeks. Reviewers can provide recommendations in the form of "Accept Submission", "Revisions Required", "Resubmit for Review'', "Resubmit Elsewhere" or "Decline Submission". If there are revisions required, the author will be notified along with the reviewer's comments via email. The corrected manuscript will go through another review to ensure that the reviewer's correction notes are followed.
- The final decision in the form of "Accept Submission" or "Decline Submission" will be sent to the author, which may also contain some comments including grammatical and figure/table corrections from the Editorial Team.
- The editor will send an Manuscript Originality Statement form and Copyright Transfer Agreement form to authors whose manuscripts are ready for publication.
- The editor will then forward the final version of the article to be published along with the Manuscript Originality Statement form and Copyright Transfer Agreement form to the production team.